Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Home Energy Prices Are Expected to Soar

On Aug 7, 6:49*am, Fat Moe wrote:
* Another added cost to life in America.
* Health insurance, gasoline, utilities. *SUVs and big houses cost more
to have.
-"Even after a precipitous decline from its peak in early July, the
price of natural gas is still 11 percent above where it was last winter.
Heating oil is 36 percent higher, with the government projecting that
the costs of both fuels will stay high. Electricity prices are also up
moderately.
* “It’s not just going to affect poor people, but also moderate to
middle-class households. People are going to become more impoverished to
pay for heating this winter.”-http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/06/business/06fuel.html?em=&adxnnl=1&p...
* A simple cost effective solution might be zone heating/cooling? *Me?
I insulated all four walls in the main room I use. *During extreme temps
I let the rest of the house get warmer or cooler but maintain a nice
temp in here. *Works for me.

I dont think so, Ng was about 7 mmbtu last winter, now its 30% higher
at 9, it was near 13 and will go back up