Silvan

Default Leatherman Tool

Robert wrote:

I made the mistake of buying the Gerber type PST. The metal was porous

Me too. The metal is fine, but this thing is basically a set of pliers I
wear on my belt. (and I do use them all the time, admitedly...) The
locking mechanism for the gadgets isn't robust enough to handle any torque
at all, and it quickly deforms. There's no way to fix it without drillling
out the gigantic rivet and cobbling together some kind of replacement for
it, and then the stupid thing bends again the first good time you try to
turn a Phillips screw with it.

I got it replaced the first time, because I really like the way the pliers
are made, compared to the Leathermans I looked at at the time, which had
straight handles, but it just isn't up to the task.

I'm going to buy a Leatherman one day soon. Maybe it will actually perform.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17308 Approximate word count: 519240