Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Jointing or Biscuits

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 22:11:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

NOT true at all. This seems to be a widely quoted myth parroted around here amongst the literati.

snip tech info
Robert

When I got my first biscuit jointer, I did a few experiments with it... just
curious if the things were any good..

I built a couple of different size frames out of 1x4 scrap, using biscuits and
Titebond for assembly..
I let then sit for a week or so and them started flexing and bending them until
a few joints failed, and every joint that I managed to break had the wood
breaking and the biscuit still glued in place on both boards..
I have no scientific basis for the holding power, but it impressed the ****
outta me..

BTW: Robert, WTF is a literati?

mac