Posted to uk.d-i-y
Reentrant Reentrant is offline

Default Cold taps suddenly lose pressure, but tank in loft is full...

Mikeyboy wrote:
This morning, whilst my daughter was showering, the cold seemed to
lose power, and effect the amopunt of water coming through the rose. I
checked the other cold taps in the room, and the water was at a much
lower pressure than usual.
They are fed from the cold water tank in the loft, which is full of
water.
I imagine that the pipe from this tank is maybe partly blocked by
something solid from this tank - maybe cacium based?
Any ideas on how I might solve this problem?

If it's a blockage then try the same way as you'd fix an airlock - garden
hose connected to mains pressure one end and other end held tight against
open cold bath tap. Might be worth part-emptying the loft tank first or
checking the overflow can cope.

--
Reentrant