Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker DLT Steve Barker DLT is offline

Default Lawn Mower Power - What is the HP?

You might find this interesting. You're probably not going to find a real
answer to the HP question.

http://www.newsinferno.com/archives/3553

wrote in message

Thanks for the link, but that still does not give the HorsePower.
It says it has 5.5 ft.-lbs. Gross Torque.
That might be a lot, it might not?????
I have always rated power by HP.
Most of the older (simple) push mowers were 3.0HP to 5HP.
I prefer something closer to 5HP since I cut thick and tall grass.

How does one convert Torque to HP?
How does one google that?

PS. I dont want a mower that has powered wheels, baggers, and all that
stuff. I like the simple and lightweight mowers that can easily be
shoved around.