Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are electric WH timers worth it

On Aug 6, 9:31�pm, "Jordan" wrote:
I just started thinking about getting an electric water heater timer for my
3 year old 30 gallon water heater. �I checked some of the reviews for the
Intermatic timers and it looks like everybody loves them and they say they
practically get their $40 bucks back each month.

Are timers all they seem to be cracked up to be and will turning off the
water heater from 10 PM to 8 AM really save a family of 4 a big chunk of
change each month?

depends on your lifestyle, i would first add a water heater insulation
blanket and remember if you live where it gets cold the standby losses
help heat your home.