Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Opinions on capacitor type ...

Arfa Daily wrote:

Thanks all for your views and good input. Plenty of food for thought and
further research. I have looked at Vishay's list of re-sellers and will have
a look at their websites to see if I can find any that keep the 378 series
in the value I need. The 'usual suspects' like RS and Farnell are there, but
these caps don't seem to be in their catalogues here in the UK, although
others - the X2s that I have tried for instance - are. I will have a look at
Arrow etc when I have time.

X2s AIUI are not designed for *repetitive* pulse work. Polyprops are. You also
have a choice of film/foil or film/foil/film construction (at least from Epcos)
which affects peak and average current handling.

Graham