Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie charlie is offline

Default FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

Tom Veatch wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:08:44 GMT, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Nothing much ever changes.

"Most operating systems for 64-bit architectures already use 64-bit
integers in their time_t. The move to these architectures is already
under way and many expect it to be complete before 2038. Using a
(signed) 64-bit value introduces a new wraparound date in about 290
billion years, on Sunday, December 4, 292,277,026,596. This problem,
however, is not widely regarded as a pressing issue."

That last sentence was written by a master of understatement.

I'm fairly sure the "2038 Bug" is not going to present me much of a
problem and I know darned well I'm not going to worry about the one in
292277026596 c.e. (Would have been a bit ironic if that date had been
Dec. 7, instead of Dec 4.)

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

you sure? certain financial places have been running into this problem.
seems that a 30 year mortgage obtained this year runs out in 2038....