Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:08:44 GMT, FrozenNorth
wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Nothing much ever changes.

"Most operating systems for 64-bit architectures already use 64-bit
integers in their time_t. The move to these architectures is already
under way and many expect it to be complete before 2038. Using a
(signed) 64-bit value introduces a new wraparound date in about 290
billion years, on Sunday, December 4, 292,277,026,596. This problem,
however, is not widely regarded as a pressing issue."

That last sentence was written by a master of understatement.

I'm fairly sure the "2038 Bug" is not going to present me much of a
problem and I know darned well I'm not going to worry about the one in
292277026596 c.e. (Would have been a bit ironic if that date had been
Dec. 7, instead of Dec 4.)

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA