Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Replacing my broiler element?

on 8/6/2008 9:55 AM jack said the following:
I have a 20 year old General Electric double wall oven. A broiler element
caught on fire last night, with a bright arc to a support. After letting it
cool, it looks real rough. Presumably it has to be replaced?

I tried to remove it, but it is screwed to the feed wires; the screw is on
the top, so there is no access.

All I can think is that the wires pull out far enough to allow reasonable
access, but I hate to try that until someone tells me it is right.

So, how do I get access to the screw to detach the broiler element?

http://www.appliance411.com/faq/repl...-element.shtml

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY