Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default My VRDS-7 doesn't read the TOC

wrote in message
Mark D. Zacharias ha scritto:
wrote in message

The KSS-240A is readily available - I get them from East Coast Transistor
Parts. 1-800-645-3516. They run about 35.00 plus freight. They're a
little more expensive because the 240 includes the RF amp, laser power,
tracking adjustments, RF balance etc all together as part of the pickup
assembly, unlike cheaper pickups like the KSS-213.

Mark Z.

Thank you Mark! Do you know anything more about the 3 different Sony
versions of the KSS-240A and how to recognize the correct one?
I found it on some german/uk spare part sellers too (I live in Italy and
shipping is likely faster), even at lower prices, but I'm wary of them.

Tony

I've never seen any of the usual parts suppliers quoting anything other than
a 'standard' KSS240A. I've certainly never ordered them as anything
different for any of the many I have fitted. As Mark says, the RF amp and
adjustments are mounted on the laser itself which makes it a bit more
expensive, but note that these pots are factory set, and are NOT intended to
be adjusted. The laser should be fundamentally 'drop in and go'. The '240
doesn't even have a laser shorting point for transport. FWIW, the '240 was
never one of the most reliable lasers. I have also seen them as "NKS240A"
much cheaper, and as 'second source' cheaper than a genuine Sony type.
Personally, with this particular laser, by experience I would recommend that
you only buy a genuine Sony manufactured part. It says so on the box, and I
guess you would be able to check with the supplier before parting with your
cash.

Arfa