Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Racoons under the porch

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:39:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:20:23 -0700 (PDT), Heathcliff
wrote:

On Aug 3, 6:43 pm, " wrote:
Do you folks have any advice for my sister?

I need some help trying one last thing about keeping the animals out
from under my deck. The best choice is to have it ripped up and

Mark your territory the way animals do - pee around/under the deck.
Use a jar if you are shy. I am serious, I have known people for whom
this worked -- try it for a few days, the cost is zero. -- H

Are you suggesting a ****ing contest with wild animals?

Urine works on moles in the yard. They move next door :-))

(wiki quote)

Animal repellent

Taking advantage of the scents of male animals' urine, some companies
sell animal urine, usually coyote or fox, to cities and other
organizations to repel those animals by essentially "marking their
territory". The scents of carnivore urine (bobcat, mountain lion, and
wolf, in addition to coyote and fox) are also sold to the public in
pelletized form to repel garden browsing by herbivores such as
squirrels and rabbits, as well as deterring domestic or feral cats
from marking territory, or catching birds, in gardens. When the
pellets are sprinkled on a target area, the intruding animal will
instinctively recognize the territorial urinary scent of its predators
and avoid the area.

Yeah, right. BTDT, doesn't work.