Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default FWIW - OT MESSAGE HEADERS

Jack Stein wrote:

My money is on Thunderbird vs OE with to following protocol but I'm
always looking for MS getting something right...

mac davis wrote:
Micro$oft has done many things both right and wrong, sometimes at the same time
and in the same application, IMHO..

I don't personally think MicroSoft has done much of anything right.

What they almost always do well is marketing..

Marketing ain't hard when you have a giant monopoly on your hands,
brought about by underhanded and illegal marketing techniques.

Just use ME operating system as an example of how you can sell **** in a bag, if
you market it enough..

Or if you dominate the market through illegal marketing techniques
rather than with a superior product.

How many of us, beginning with Dos, have been unpaid beta testers for M$?
Can we get a show of hands? lol

I've run most MS OS's since DOS 2.0 and none of them were any good.
File systems suck, memory protection sucks, the whole package sucked and
30 or so years later is not too much better. Gates has single handedly
set computing back at least 30 years so far, and probably 100 years or
more when it's all said and done.

Anyway, I reckon colons are OK in the subject line, and any newsreader
that handles them as some sort of special character instead of simple
text is wrong?

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com