Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default The "Zen Thing"

Swingman wrote:

Let me guess ... you're not from Texas?

No, but I spend two or three weeks there every couple of years
working on a friend's place in the outskirts of Kyle, near Austin.
And after a couple of hours manhandling a Ditch Witch in that
concrete stuff just under the dirt my brain tends to turn to
mush. Not quite a Zen Moment - but close enough.

Also learned that there can be TWO bulls in the same pasture.
Not a good thing to discover when you're standing on the nearrow
at the top earth dam for the stock pond and notice a 1200 pound
bull on each end - staring angrily - at each other - or maybe you.
Not a Your Life Passing Before Your Eyes thing, but I sure hoped
a) that stock pond was deep and b) that these bulls weren't good
swimmers. Figure swimming with cotton mouths was better than
getting sandwich between two Someday McDonalds Burgers - with
attitudes.