Andy Hall

Default Aerial brackets

On 7 Oct 2003 00:43:04 -0700, (Rich) wrote:

I have been trying to think of an alternative to going on the roof of
my house to sort the aerial out.

I have seen Aerial brackets at screwfix that allow you to connect it a
tiled roof;
http://tinyurl.com/pzmj

Has anyone used one of these?
Are they likely to just rip my tiles off?

I have a Velux window so makes this ideal for me.
Concrete tile roof by the way...

Regards,

Rich

Very unwise. TV antennas are a lot larger than they appear at a
distance (obvious really) and have quite a wind loading.

If you are in a strong signal area and can get away with a really
small antenna (say 9 element), then it might be OK, but probably not
worth the risk.

Wall brackets are a better option.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl