Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Opinions on capacitor type ...

Franc Zabkar wrote:

I'd say don't risk it. According to this datasheet, these caps "are
not intended for continuous pulse applications", nor "for series
impedance applications":

http://www.vishay.com/docs/28119/mkp3382.pdf

APPLICATION NOTES

• For X2 electromagnetic interference suppression in across the line
applications (50/60 Hz) with a maximum mains voltage of 275 V (AC).

• These capacitors are not intended for continuous pulse applications.
For these situations, capacitors of the AC and pulse programs must be
used.

• These capacitors are not intended for series impedance application.
For these situations in case safety approvals are requested, please
refer to our special capacitors of 1772 series with internal series
connection.

Agreed.

Graham