Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Looks like PC is following the path of B&D

On Aug 2, 6:25*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Phil Again" wrote in message

m...

About 35-40 years ago B&D was a decent brand tool. *Then they started
color coding their power tools into cheaper built units. *Looks like
they are leading PC sown that same path. *The tools even look kinda
B&D'ish.

*{snip}

IIRC, and please correct me if I am wrong about this, isn't there some
large corporation that owns B&D, PC, DeWalt, and Delta tools?

B&D basically owns them all, *B&D and DeWalt have been linked together since
at least the 70's.

So, when are this mega corporation going to buy out Milwaukee tools, and/
or Makita (SP?) Tools, or will Hitachi buy out all of them?

IIRC Milwaukee was bought some years ago, already many of their tools come
from the East.

It all started with B & D buying ELU. I liked Elu tools. (At least in
their day, they worked for guys like me.) We went to hell after that.