Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield Bert Byfield is offline

Default Racoons under the porch

Rabies.

Oh, well. That's not really a problem.
They have shots for that.

Are you volunteering to be bitten by the critters?

I had a raccoon come in the house once. I chased it around with a broom. It
peed as it ran away, and never even bared teeth at me (I avoided cornering
it). Eventually it overcame its panic and remembered the way out. My old
(deaf and blind in one eye) dog never even saw it, but found the pee
fascinating.

What really put them out of my life, though, was fanatically locking up all
my food and garbage with metal cans in a big trashcan box, and child locks
on anything they could get their hands on.