Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default I'm Back - New Question About Grass

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:24:23 +0000, Stephen King wrote:

Kate wrote in
:

I posted here about two weeks ago concerning the problem I had in my
lawn about Johnson Grass (a weed). I applied Roundup on the patches,
just like the lawn service company told me to do.

So far it is going OK. I reseeded my lawn where the bad patches were,
and am already getting a little bit of new grass. I reseeded last Weds.
and the temps were perfect - 75 - 85. Now, we are back into the
mid 90's so I have been lightly watering a lot.

Now I am wondering what is the best way to mow this new grass.
Should I mulch it or bag it?

I won't be ready to mow until 3 - 4 weeks (my best guess), so I thought
I would ask this question ahead of time.

I am having my mower tuned up right now, and the blade will be
sharpened.

Thanks again. Everyone's help is much appreciated.

Kate

My neighbor used to fuss over his lawn.
He's now dead.
The new neighbor takes care like a normal person.
Go do something more important.

My kind of thinking.

Leave it grow until it goes to seed. Then cut it as high as the mower
allows and leave clippings to mulch. The tall grass provides shade for
seedlings and retains water. Recut again when it goes to seed. Repeat as
required but no sooner.