Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom[_18_] Tom[_18_] is offline

Default Replacing Galvinized Pipes with C-PVC Pipe?

"zzyzzx" wrote in message
Both the copper and newer plastic pipes work quite well. Builders use
the plastic stuff because it's so easy to install that even a Mexican
can do it. If you use copper, please insulate the hot water pipes.
Personally, I use copper because that's what my house was made with
and I don't want a mix of copper and plastic. Copper is more
expensive yes.

He said the cost of copper has gone up x4 over the past couple of years.
I'll be removing galvinized and replacing w/ C-PVC. I don't plan to be in
the house more than 5 years.