Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Tom[_18_] Tom[_18_] is offline

Default Mysterious Water Leak

wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:04:28 -0400, "Tom"

After readfing the posts I agree. The plumber can't come 'til Monday so I
think I'll cut the herat setting back to "vacation" setting when I leave
then reset it to the normal setting and turn the water main back on when I
return to the house or when I wake up in the morning.

Is the bathtub leak accessible? If so, and we are talking about a
pinhole leak, you might be able to temporarily seal it by wrapping it
several layers thick with tightly wound electrical tape, which is then
wrapped tightly with string (each wrap of string directly alongside
the preceeding with no gaps) to keep the tape from bursting or leaking
sideways. Obviously not a permanent repair, but you might eliminate
all the other contortions until the plumber gets there.

I've been turning it off when I leave the house. Funny thing is the leak
was very steady and now it's a drip every 90 seconds or so.
Go figure.