Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default converting 110 v glue gun to 12 volt?

richg99 wrote in message
I have need of a portable, low-temperature glue gun for model airplane
repair in the field. Any ideas about how I would go about converting a
standard $5.00 or so ( cheap) glue gun to use with my 12 volt auto

battery.
I know I can put a converter on, but , for a variety of reasons, I'd

rather
not do that. thanks, Rich

I would recomment making hot melt string.
Use an ordinary gun to extrude continuously onto a large clean sheet of
metal. Then take some and a 12V soldering iron to use the string like
soldering , some aluminium expanded metal from car repair shop for
reinforcement and some cable ties.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England