Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lachance Tom Lachance is offline

Default Maytag GAS range problems

Doug wrote:

A friend has a Maytag GAS range Model MGR5755BDQ.
About 2 hours after a thunderstorm, the clock/timer/oven control
stopped working with its readout flashing "F1".
She can't find the owners manual.

I've tried a power reset. After about 30 seconds it goes back to F1".
I suspect that a lighning surge blew a chip or two.
I may have to replace the clock/control PCB and have found online
sources but still wonder what the code "F1" means - probably the
obvious...

Anyone have trouble codes for these ranges?
I've checked the online sites - so far they don't....

------------------------------

Also, the top sealed GAS burners puzzle me....
There is one large opening, about 1/4" inches in diameter in the
circumference of each burner. The hole is to the rear, many times
larger than the standard burner holes and is not near the spark
igniters. The problem is that a large volume of gas jets out of each
of these large burner holes, sending a small finger of flame up the
side of a pan, sooting up the pan.

What was the purpose of these larger holes?

tnx,

Doug

Check the back of the range. There's usually a envelope there with
instructions and/or wiring diagrams you won't find in the manual. I've
found info there on adjusting the oven calibration.
As to the burners, without more info I can't give an opinion. Carefully
check the instructions for converting the range. There might be more
info there.