Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Racoons under the porch

Art wrote:
I had a family of opossums move into a space under a staircase in my
garage. We used to keep the door partly open for a cat.

I went out there one night and started screaming at them.

The family moved out that night. Didn't like the neighbors,
apparently.

Could be, but opossums are the gypsies of the animal world. They hang around
one spot for a couple of days, then move on to their next stop. I have a
opossum that visits me (I recognize it). He stops by about once every eight
weeks or so, chows down on the outside cat's never-empty food bowl, then
moves on. He's (or maybe she's) been doing this circuit for almost two
years.

Every once in a while, one of the cats gets ****ed and chases him/her up a
tree, but, in large measure, the two species tolerate each other.