Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring a (replacement) Electric Stove

"flaco" wrote in message
my 25 yr old house has a 220 outlet with a Red, Black,
and White wire at the 220 outet. Pulled out the old
stove and installing my new(er) replacement stove.
This stove has Red, Black, White and GREEN!..
at the new(er) stove end wire..want to marry the
3 wires from my box to the 4 wires of my new stove

what is normally done..??
flaco

Check to see if the existing feeder cable has a ground wire that is not
being used. If it does, get a four wire range (50 amp) outlet. If the feeder
is only three wire, replace the range cord set with a three wire range cord
set, and install the (usually included) bonding strap from the neutral
connection (white wire) to the frame of the range.