Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring a (replacement) Electric Stove

On Mon 04 Aug 2008 04:01:24p, flaco told us...

my 25 yr old house has a 220 outlet with a Red, Black,
and White wire at the 220 outet. Pulled out the old
stove and installing my new(er) replacement stove.
This stove has Red, Black, White and GREEN!..
at the new(er) stove end wire..want to marry the
3 wires from my box to the 4 wires of my new stove

what is normally done..??
flaco

The simplest way is to connect the neutral + ground wires together at the
range and buy a new 3-wire cord to connect it to the wall outlet. The
other option is to run a new 4-wire circuit back to the braeker panel and
install a new 4-wire socket.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Monday, 08(VIII)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)