Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Looks like PC is following the path of B&D

On Aug 4, 3:20*pm, "
wrote:
On Aug 4, 10:34 am, Robatoy wrote:

The 'cordless' feature would be kind of useless when mounted in some
kind of device, no?

That was actually part of my own obtuse way of making my point. *I
don't care who or what powers it, if I hold it and guide it in my hand
while using it, to me it is a "hand tool".

(I forgot the 'tongue firmly planted in cheek' emoticon... izzit
something like 8^* ?)

I agree.
Stationary tools are tools to which you bring the piece that is being
worked on, a hand tool is a tool you take to the piece you're working
on.
Both are portable tools. Some more so than others. Some are movable
stationary tools. I would consider a stud-finder and a flashlight hand
tools, even though they're electrified. EEeeeelectrified!!!

But, I try not to pay too much attention to those who nit-pick at
semantics .. they're usually holed up in a basement with nothing else
to do...and never contribute anything worthwhile.

=0)