George E. Cawthon

Default Jack-of-all-trades

Bay Area Dave wrote:

someone else said it better than me (or is it "I"; I can never remember
which is correct); it's used (and useful) because it mimics our speech
pattern...nothing wrong with that...

dave

((snip))

That's easy, just complete the sentence, "someone else said
it better than I did" (it's obvious to most that "me did" is
wrong). Yeah, it can be useful, but that doesn't make in
any less sloppy. And BTW, we ain't talking, we be poken
keys. People that write well and then talk like they write
are usually called "pedantic." People that write like
common speech usually receive much less flattering
adjectives such as "uneducated." Let's just leave it as
"setting a damn poor example for your kids."