Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Way to go den ...

On 2008-08-04 19:27:45 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

The more you say the more I think you are brain damaged.

Starting from your position, that is not a reliable call. Nonetheless........

Try harming someone's child and see if they are prepared to put
themselves in danger to protect them.
In fact see if most people won't put themselves in danger to protect them.

Different situation. I was referring to self preservation among peers.

It's pretty obvious from the mammal world and especially the higher
primates that a mother will almost always protect her offspring.
That is instinctive.

In a split second situation, the behaviour of the animal kingdom tells
us what humans will do.

Just because you are a selfish ******* doesn't mean its the general
state of the population.

You shouldn't become confused between being selfish and taking
observations from the animal world. Of course everybody would *like*
to think that they would be magnanimous and self sacrificing. Sadly it
isn't true and has nothing to do with being selfish or not. Take a
look at what happens in an aircraft emergency if you ever had any
illusions of humans behaving on a "higher level" than other animals.

This of course is not o be confused with humans assisting others if
they perceive that there is little or no risk or additional risk to
themselves. That is a value judgment and not an instinctive one.
In terms of instinct there is no confusion.