Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Dish washer puddle below screen smells bad.

On Aug 4, 1:41*am, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 03 Aug 2008 10:49:51p, mm told us...

A friend has a GE Nautilus dishwasher about 7 years old, model
6Sd2616F00AA. *

The water in the bottom stinks. * Should it.

He's removed the plastic screen that catches silverware and chunks of
solid stuff and the the little plastic thing under that, and there is
a pool of stinky water under that. * It's not so bad that one can
smell it just by sticking his head in the washer, without getting down
close to the water.

To drain the water, he has a 3 foot piece of hose that goes up close
to the top of the sink, is tied in place up there, and comes back down
to the drain entrance just above his garbage disposal. * He and I
think he followed the installation instructinos, which we reread
today.

The installation seems correct.

Shoule it be this stinky? * *Thanks.

No, it shouldn't, especially if everything has been cleaned out of the
sump. *Try running a cup of bleach through the main wash cycle and recheck. *

--
* * * * * * *Wayne Boatwright * * * * * *
* * *Saturday, 08(VIII)/02(II)/08(MMVIII)

Its probably mold growing somewhere in the machine, I agree with
bleach, but since its 96-99% water anyway and a cycle uses alot of
water I think it will take alot more than a cup of bleach, maybe a
gallon, but who knows.