Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Campbell Jonathan Campbell is offline

Default Freeview problems, reception or connections?

Jonathan Campbell wrote:
I have Freeview using a cheapo Wharfedale tuner + hard disk recorder.

[...]
I have RF entering the Freeview tuner/recorder and then off to the VHS
recorder. Otherwise SCART connections --- assorted breeds acquired
randomly.

Any suggestions as to the cause?

Connection.

In recorder/tuner socket. I think not the SCART lead as I swapped for
another.

Current fix is to rest the SCART plug (it's the bottom one) on a book so
that the weight of the machine (not much) slightly bends the plug and
socket. I regret to admit that this is as much DIY as I'm going to perform.

Doesn't tally with my model of the type of signal carried by SCART; I
reckoned the fault had to be frequency dependent.

Best regards,

Jon C.