Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT - Broadcast Antenna Reception

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:38:52 -0500, Red Green
wrote:

I may just try putting some kind of cheapo small outdoor multi-
directional antenna up without going to the old winged thing. The chimney

I have a townhouse and I'm just using a 5 foot piece of wire lying on
the floor behind my DVDR. I get all the Baltimore stations, where I
live, but not the DC stations 50 miles away. I have to fix the attic
amplified antenna, or at least run a wire up to the attic and see how
that does.

is right near where the TV is and on the correct side of the house facing
the direction antennaweb.org says to point it. Duct tape should work :-)
Getting it outside and up 20ft might do wonders...or I may wonder why it
doesn't do anything different.