Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Den[_3_] Den[_3_] is offline

Default Large heat sink needed

"azotic" wrote in message

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 20:25:12 -0700, "azotic" wrote:
Wull yah, I got some o' them. They're 6 x 8 sheets of 1/16" aluminum!
You'll have better luck getting what you need if you specify the
thermal resistance to ambient you need (degrees per watt), and whether
or not you'll provide forced air cooling aka a fan.

Check out some of the CPU sinks they have on the surplus market. They
have a bazillion tall but very thin fins. They're not very big, but
with fan cooling they have amazingly low thermal resistance to
ambient.

If i cant find a suitable heat sink and am forced to build a heat sink
thats the route i will
go. Affix a bunch of BGP heatsinks on an aluminum plate and fashion a
tunnel
heat sink with forced air cooling. Really don't want to do that if i can
avoid it.

Best Regards
Tom.

Is there someone nearby that sells / services car/camping fridges? The
peltier based ones I've salvaged have nice sized ally heatsinks in the back
of them. The cheaper fridges are not worth repair and get thrown in the skip
rather than fixed.