Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Way to go den ...

"Andy Hall" wrote in message news:48960458@qaanaaq...
On 2008-08-03 20:02:02 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

Why do you keep trying to justify bad driving?

I'm not. You don't know that there was. Let's say that you're
driving along past parked cars and you come to a zebra crossing and an
uncontrolled dog runs out at the last minute - literally as you get to the
crossing - 1m in front of you. There is no way to avoid an accident
resulting from that.

So you have a comprehension problem then?
Read the post again and then stop making excuses for bad driving.

Even an emergency vehicle is required to be able to stop before they hit
something.
The fact that the dog was there and the driver didn't allow enough room
to stop shows that the driver is not very good.

That would depend on how far away the dog was when it ran into the road

It didn't!

Do you want ambulance drivers running people down to get there faster?

No, but I do want them to get there quickly. It would appear that
people are generally supportive of emergency vehicles going faster than
the normal speed limit and for other vehicles and pedestrians to make
way for them.

They should have avoided the dog, they didn't so it shows a problem
that needs rectifying, either by training or by replacement.

The dog can be replaced, that's true. It could be trained, as could
the owner.

You are still trying to blame the drivers error on someone else! Why?

Because it may well not be the driver's error.

Yes it was!