Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Way to go den ...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
dennis@home wrote:

He probably thinks its good driving to run pets down.
I wonder if it was excess speed or just plain stupidity?

Prabably stupidity Dennis. London Ambulance deliberately recruit
stupid people, then train them extensively to become even more
stupid.

It probably runs in the family.

Wouldn't have been excess speed, no reason to go fast with a
critical cardiac arrest patient in the back, all the time in the
world.

Changing the story again?

Whoosh! I was being sarcastic Dennis, please try to pay attention.

You said they were on their way to an incident, so why were they
taking a cardiac arrest victim there?

Which bit of the following leads you to believe that?

"she had to radio control for another ambulance to collect the
cardiac arrest patient in the back of her truck - who fortunately
survived".
As it happens there is less reason to go fast with a cardiac victim
in the back than when going there.

Oh, and you would know all about that would you?

I know more than you think.

They should have started the treatment and its rather hard to
continue when the ambulance is being chucked about.

Ambulance crews don't 'treat' cardiac arrest patients, their mandate
is to stabilise the patient e.g. stop him/her from croaking until
they can get them to A&E where they can be treated properly.

Get some proper paramedics then!

That frankly is highly insulting to a dedicated & caring bunch of people
who spend years training and work long, antisocial hours for relatively
little reward.

I have nothing against paramedics, yours need retraining to become
paramedics.

You are a very sad man. I don't think I'm alone in forming that opinion.

You are just confusing what paramedics are.
You are talking about ambulance technicians AFAICS.
While these are trained they shouldn't be attending cardiac calls as they
can't administer the required treatment.
Now go away and learn something before you start insulting others.

PS I hope that they get some medical training as well as a one day course in
driving the fast response cars.. having someone arrive ten minutes early who
can't do the required treatment is a waste of time.

If your NHS trust can't afford paramedics then its time someone sorted them
out.