Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default Repairing a KitchenAid stand mixer

AZ Nomad wrote in message ...
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:32:26 GMT, wrote:
My wife has a KitchenAid Professional 600 watt stand mixer.
I started giving her poor performance and making a clunking sound,

so
I opened it up.

For such a beefy machine, the transmission housing is plastic! It's
all cracked to hell. And unfortunately, the worm gear is stripped.

I found the parts at Sears: $13 for the housing, but $30 for the

gear.
I hate to spend $50 with shipping to get another plastic housing.
Anyone know of a cheaper source?

Did you try KitchenAid? I needed the metal plate that the mixing bowl
attaches to, and it was reasonable and came quickly. I also used them
for the wire beater, and same results. It has been awhile though.

Cheri