Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Straightening S2S boards on the Table Saw

"krw" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
says...
Morris Dovey wrote:

In my dreams! It's _really_ cheap luan-faced 3/4" plywood.

You can see just how cheap by following the link below and looking at
the 4th photo from the bottom of the page...

Unrelated question: It looks like your shop is in a garage? Is
there a problem with rust? I'm moving to Alabama next week and
finally will buy a table/cabinet saw (we're done moving for a long
while). Since basements are rare where there isn't ground frost I
was wondering what to do with cast iron tools.

BTW, a lot of good hints. Thanks.

--
Keith

I'll chime in here ifin you don't mind. I live in Houston and rust is
pretty much a nonissue unless I am careless. Humidity on a dry day is 50%
and 75-80% is the norm. Humidity is not a problem, it is when the humidity
condenses on the tools surface that you have a problem I actually have more
of a problem with sweat dripping on the tool surface. If your tool is cool
and exposed to humid warm air you will have a problem. If you air condition
the room and warm humid air is introduced you will have a problem. As long
as the equipment remains the same temperature as the humid air around it you
should not have a problems with condensation and rust. For those times
where you might not have the perfect environment apply 3-4 heavy coats of
TopCote initially to the cast iron surfaces and buff off. Follow up with
and extra coat every 6 months or so.