Posted to rec.woodworking
rich rich is offline

Default Hand Saw Sharpening Inquiry

On

Tim, I generally agree with you, but I have taken some old saws and
even bad sharpening by me gives me a sharp saw that actually cuts! I
found a small back saw, possibly called a Gentleman's Saw, that no
professional shop would sharpen - too small I guess. The small saw
was really cool, so I did it myself, and it's now the saw of choice
for dovetails and just about anything smaller than a 2x4! I now look
at saw sharpening the same way I do plane blades, or chisels. Or
mowing the lawn. You get a better job, or almost as good, and there
is no waiting or cost.

Rgds.....