Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Back Yard Patio

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Dan Espen wrote:
"someguy469" writes:

4 inches of agrogate
poured conctete with rebar
Expansion joints

Is this right?

Not even close.

I think you mean "aggregate" and "concrete".

But more important, pavers are the way to go.
Concrete heaves, cracks, and is difficult to repair.

If it is installed correctly, it never needs repair. (well, not in your
lifetime, at least.) If it fails, it was underdesigned or improperly
installed.

--
aem sends...

Everyone is correct. From the OP writing in asking if 4" of "agrogate" was
proper, I would infer that he/she/it isn't really up to speed on concrete
and all its nuances, let alone contents.

There are lots of things to consider when choosing a patio/walkway, etc:

Motif, weather, drainage, availability of materials, skill, cost, what one
wants in the finished product, etc.

To each his own. For me, I'd do pavers. Concrete is dated, plain, dull,
not hip with the decorating crowd, and one can have lots of big problems
with concrete that will make it look like hell in a short time.

MHO, YMMV

Steve