Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default American Express

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:17:53 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

And then I'm saying, it's not easy following what parts of the
libertarian
idea you really buy into. It's like Euell Gibbons used to say about pine
trees: Some parts are edible.

I have trouble following your being a Republican (or is it RINO?),
too, Ed, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

Again, my Republican affiliation is based on NJ's state politics. In fact,
you'll read about it in _Richochet_ sooner or later. I was one of the guys
that the state NRA affiliate asked to become a delegate to my county
Republican convention. But I was already opposed to what was going on in
Democratic politics in New Jersey and I had switched my registration in
the
early '80s, in order to vote for some Repubs who favored revamping
welfare.

Whassa "Ricochet"? NRA blurb?

It's the book we were talking about: _Richochet: Confessions of a Gun
Lobbyist_, by Richard Feldman (former NRA lobbyist). He worked mostly in the
Northeast at the same time I was active in gun issues.

The Dems are (or were) our old machine, which I still oppose.

As do I, and always have.

As far as
national politics go, I'm philosophically an independent.

As am I.

P.P.S: When you called me a moralist, I'm praying you weren't
confusing me with the likes of the Moral Majority. If you were, I'll
whup ya upside the haid, foo.

No, not at all. I mean a moralist in the strict sense, not the
religious-nutball sense. I mean it as a good thing.

Thank you. I'm quite relieved.

--
Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized
anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.