Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New-fangled boiler question - Part 1 ...

Roger Mills wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:

Yes, I guess we are talking combi. It does the hot water and the CH.
The original storage tank has been removed from the airing cupboard,
which is in the bathroom where the new suite is going to go.

I kind of suspected from my admittedly sketchy understanding of these
boilers, that there would be no issue other than shut it off, do the
work, and turn it back on again, but I just wanted to make sure, so I
did not finish up asking what I had done wrong after doing it, to be
greeted by lots of sharp intakes of breath and "You did *what* !!??"
s d;~}
Arfa

How long is it going to take you to do the job? If you simply turn
the water off at the mains, you won't have any hot *or* cold water in
the house - kitchen sink, toilet(s), etc, for the duration. It may be
better to cut and blank off the water pipes where they the enter the
bathroom - then you can turn everything on again while you do the
work. Bring your new pipework up to the blanked-off bits, and turn
the mains off again while making the final connections.

Good advice Roger, although a couple of service valves would save turning
off twice.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk