Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default New-fangled boiler question - Part 1 ...

Arfa Daily wrote:

Yes, I guess we are talking combi. It does the hot water and the CH.
The original storage tank has been removed from the airing cupboard,
which is in the bathroom where the new suite is going to go.

I kind of suspected from my admittedly sketchy understanding of these
boilers, that there would be no issue other than shut it off, do the
work, and turn it back on again, but I just wanted to make sure, so I
did not finish up asking what I had done wrong after doing it, to be
greeted by lots of sharp intakes of breath and "You did *what* !!??"
s d;~}
Arfa

How long is it going to take you to do the job? If you simply turn the water
off at the mains, you won't have any hot *or* cold water in the house -
kitchen sink, toilet(s), etc, for the duration. It may be better to cut and
blank off the water pipes where they the enter the bathroom - then you can
turn everything on again while you do the work. Bring your new pipework up
to the blanked-off bits, and turn the mains off again while making the final
connections.
--
Cheers,
Roger