Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Way to go den ...

Owain wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
PeterMcC wrote:
Given 24 hours, there may have been time to get the patient to the
hospital and still report the accident.

Its LAS policy to report immediately & use another truck - don't
know why.

(a) because the ambulance personnel may be distracted/traumatised by
such an incident, which puts their patient and other road users at
increased risk
(b) because the newspaper headline "ambulance killed my dog and didn't
stop" is more embarrassing than "ambulance killed my dog"
(c) because the personnel might think they had hit a dog, but had
actually hit a child
(d) because the vehicle might have been damaged

?

Makes sense to me.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman