Bob Schmall

Default Why does Gorilla glue suck?

I've used GG for a number of outdoor applications and have had no problem.
Remember that per the instructions, apply the glue lightly to one of the two
surfaces and apply water lightly to the other. The glue draws its moisture
from that water, and will expand to about 4x its original volume. Then clamp
tightly for 1-4 hours. The end grain to end grain joint isn't very strong,
but it should have held better than what you've described if the glue was
properly applied.

Bob
..
"Gfretwell" wrote in message
OK I tried this stuff again. I was using hard maple, I wet it down good. I
glued both sides and seated a 1x2 into a 1/4" rabit that was a "tap in"

tight
fit. This was clamped overnight. The next day a light tap with a hammer

broke
the joint with absolutely no damage to the wood. I think library paste

would
have done a better job. Where did I go wrong? I can send pictures of the

bad
joint.