Posted to alt.home.repair,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Tom[_18_] Tom[_18_] is offline

Default How to Join Galvinized Pipe to Copper Pipe?

"Abe" wrote in message

Bob's correct. A dielectric union is the only legit way to mate copper
and galvanized.

He used some sort of threaded fitting that includes a brass fitting. I
wonder if that's a dielectric fitting?

I9t appears he did a nice job cutting out the old leaking galvanized pipe
then replacing it w/ copper.
However, the galvanized pipe is leaking in another place. When I called
thewm back they recommended replacing all the galvanized(tub, sink and
toilet in the bathroom w/ copper pipe then connecting them to the all
copper pipe in the the basement = cost $1,200.00. They also said it might
be cheaper to use some sort of PVC pipe instead of copper, which would be
less money then the copper, but I'm concerned about the durability of the
PVC type.