Posted to alt.home.repair
Raleigh_3_Speed Raleigh_3_Speed is offline

Default AARGGH Shower wands:(

On Aug 2, 5:34 pm, " wrote:
Our old shower wand started falling apart so off to the store I go.
The old one was a waterpick so the new one was one of those.

Big disappointment

Either the hose isnt limp enough or the mount it fits in is too
smooth, the head rotates sideways while in use.

so back to store, tried target.

got one with two heads, one regular fits on end of mount, the other
with hose fits out the side. wierdly the wand one has serrations so
the head cant turn, but the pick spray pattern lever is way too stiff.
worse the vacuumn cup mount for the wand head falls off the wall.

I am now back to where I started less about 80 bucks for the two wand
choices.

I passed on the deltas, having bought one about 4 years ago for a home
I was selling, it fell apart just washing the tile.

is it impossible to make dcent products. I hate buying multiple items
to just get one decnt one and all the hassle returning stuff

I agree with you that it is hard to find things that are made the way
they should.

Ask around before buying, like "Do you have many returns for Brand X
widget?"
Check if they sell parts for their products.

Does the product have any of those "out-of-this-world" screws that
make it harder to take apart and fix?
If you know you will have something for a while and it's well made,
buy multiple quanities as it may be outsourced to a foreign country.

Pet peeve - companies that make you buy more than one of an item.
I am making a list for future publication. :-)

Good luck.