Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Straightening S2S boards on the Table Saw

krw wrote:

Unrelated question: It looks like your shop is in a garage?

Sort of - it's in an aircraft hanger.

Is there a problem with rust?

It's been unusually humid this year (not far from my shop they were
measuring the humidity in feet, so I guess I shouldn't complain) - and
I've seen even more rusting than usual.

I'm moving to Alabama next week and finally will buy a table/cabinet
saw (we're done moving for a long while). Since basements are rare
where there isn't ground frost I was wondering what to do with cast
iron tools.

The tools that are most used seem to be those that show the rust least.
My suggestion would be to maximize tool usage. :-)

BTW, a lot of good hints. Thanks.

Thank /you/ for the feedback!

--
Morris Dovey