nightjar

Default 1950s conduit and modern electrical fittings

IME, you can bodge the odd one if you know what you are doing, but if
its a complete overhaul, you would be better served by ripping out the
whole house wiring and redoing it with modern wiringts to modern
standards and putting in a new consumer unit.

Personally, I would re-use the main conduit runs where I could, even if I
were extending the system. It is really hard to put a nail through steel
conduit.

A house needs a major workover every 50 years. Time this one had it.

Or, in the case of electrics, a complete re-wire when the cable reaches the
end of its life. A 1950s house that still has 15A sockets is probably about
30 years overdue for its first re-wire.

Colin Bignell