Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Way to go den ...

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 14:46:37 UTC, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message

They don't return to base after a call, they go to RVP's to await another
call. Thats why you see them on bridges etc.

I've only just started to notice them doing that round here (Leicester)
I've noticed a paramedic often parks in the middle of a large busy
roundabout on the ring road.

They have started doing the same with the fire engines around here.
That's a part of what the last strike was about, crews moving about so they
were in the best place should there be a fire. Its hard to sleep if you
aren't in the station.
The ambulances have been doing it for at least a year and it works very
well.

They've been doing it for at least ten years here.

http://www.diybanter.com