Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Way to go den ...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Andy Hall wrote:

Essentially, we want to have emergency backup quickly because tomorrow
we may be having a problem. Therefore we have to accept that there
is a higher level of risk when vehicles move quickly. The operators
do attempt to train the drivers to do a good driving job.

Oddly, you have to pass your PSV licence (at your expense) in order to get
employed by LAS, very little specific on the job training as far as
driving goes. They do a few days on skid pan & stuff, but thats about it.

Bex has recently started on the FRU's (fast respose units) which use 1.8
Vauxhall Zafira's, quite a quick car. They get one shift's worth of
training.

Are you saying the training is inadequate?